Each episode we'll be coming up with various Top 5 lists to help kick off our recordings. The first one was a no-brainer. Our Top 5 goals for our DISNEY DINK podcast:
Deana's Top 5
- Encourage DINKS to go to Disney Parks
- Show not how to save but how not to waste money
- Share planning advice and tools of value
- Take our love of Disney planning and touring to the next level together
- Connect with other DISNEY DINKS
Patrick's Top 5
- Pay it forward. I’m not always altruistic, but in this case, I’ve put in hundreds of hours of planning Disney trips and have tested those plans on the ground over the course of many years. So now I’m in the position to reveal what works and what doesn’t to help others maximize their time at Disney World.
Show how research and investigation can be fun. Most people associate planning with drudgery and toil. And there’s no doubt it takes time. But a) it’s also time researching Disney, which is inherently fun, and b) it can be super exciting when you have breakthroughs and sudden realizations and a great sense of satisfaction knowing that every hour of planning you do now will pay off 100-fold when you’re in the parks.
- Destigmatize Disney among the intellectual set. This is a personal pet peeve of mine, but having spent a number of years in higher ed and having far too many PhDs on my FB feed, I can assure you that self-identified ‘thinking people’ hold an almost universal disdain Disney. But if people could just relax enough so that the stick releases from their butts, they might be able to enjoy Disney for what it is and on its own terms. And the hardest part about that is it requires a vulnerability and a courage on our part to say, heck yeah I love Disney! Why wouldn’t I?!
- Fill a need among other DINKS in particular. I know we’re not the primary demographic of Disney travelers, but, much like so-called intellectuals, there are lots of us out there who maybe don’t feel like it’s ok to embrace a seemingly childish pursuit. But Disney, much like PIXAR movies, has just as much for adults as it does for kids.
- Keep my own Disney fire burning brightly. In our workaday existences, it’s easy to get distracted and overwhelmed and stop seeing the joy in our daily lives. But Disney, in many ways, is pure joy, magic, and excitement. So let's make it part of a routine instead of a mere dalliance.
Check out the rest of the topics covered on the DISNEY DINK podcast episode 0.0 here.